The Invacare Glissando Gliding Mattress features a premium four-way stretch cover and two layers of high-density foam with a patented "gliding" layer designed to help reduce friction and shear which can contribute to development of pressure ulcers. The Invacare Glissando Gliding Mattress is designed to help prevent friction and shear that can contribute to pressure ulcer development, while providing comfort for the patient. Shear is a primary contributing factor in the development of pressure ulcers. The patented design allows the mattress to conform simultaneously to the individual and the bed frame, optimizing the features of an articulating bed.
- Built-in sidewall supports facilitate user ingress/egress
- Castellation-cut foam redistributes pressure for user comfort
- Fluid-resistant cover features a concealed zipper to help prevent contamination of foam
- Foam sections move independently as mattress is articulated for support and user comfort
- Patented gliding layer designed to help reduce shear and friction