The Portex Blue Line Ultra Cuffless Tracheostomy Tube, by Smiths Medical, offers all the unique design features as the Blue Line Ultra cuffed version, including the unique PVC material that conforms to unique features found in every patient. The Blue Line Ultra has thermosensitive material in the tube that conforms to the individual's airway initiated by the patient's body temperature aiding the effect.
The tube is rigid at first to help insertion and will conform to the patient's trachea when inside. There are two features that aid in insertion. One, the arc is tapered anteriorly to keep the distal tip midline, and the second, the hollow obturator that comes with retaining clips and hemispherical tip will help guide and fit the tube so the cuff can be properly inflated. And since the tube is cuffless, there is no added material to make insertion smooth.
The Blue Line Ultra Cuffless tubes come with the main trach tube, two inner cannulas, a cleaning brush and tube holder. For other uncuffed trach options, see the Sims Portex Uncuffed Fenestrated DIC Tracheostomy Tubes and the Bivona Uncuffed Neonatal FlexTend Plus Trach Tube.
Portex Blue Line Ultra Cuffless Tracheostomy Tubes Features and Benefits
- The tubes are thermosensitive and conform to a patient's physiology.
- The tubes are rigid enough to help insertion.
- The arc is tapered anteriorly to keep the distal tip midline.
- The Blue Line Ultra trach tubes come with two inner cannulas.
Portex Blue Line Ultra Cuffless Tracheostomy Tubes
Portex Blue Line Ultra Cuffless Tracheostomy Tube Specifications
- Manufacturer: Smiths Medical
- Sterility: Sterile
- Material: PVC
- Includes: Tube, Two Inner Cannula, Cleaning Brush and Tube Holder
- Sizes: 6.0mm, 8.0mm, 9.0mm, 10.0mm